Sunday, October 9, 2016

Temple and Marriage

A goal that I personally have strived to kept is to get married in the temple. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, you are brought up always hearing about temples. I also had parents that would frequently talk about their temple marriage and I would see them go on regular trips to the temple. I may have been too young to understand what exactly they were doing, but I did know that it was something important to them. I do feel like my parents could have done a better job at explaining the "why" of going to the temple.  I do feel that  because the temple is such a sacred place and the ordinances that are taken place are so special, we may not speak about it. But I believe that if we teach our teach in the correct and appropriate way about the temple, then they will be able to have the desire to go through the temple themselves one day. I hope to make temple trips a regularly thing when I get married and hope that my children will see our example and following our footsteps.


Going to the temple regularly with your spouse, I believe, is just one of many ways that we can strengthen our marriages. Making sure that both partner put in 100%, and not just 50% of their themselves in a relationship is so vital for the survival of a strong marriage. Marriage requires sacrifice. I think it is naive to think that marriage is easy. No matter how compatible you are with your spouse, there are going to be stresses that come and test your marriage. But if you have the mindset of having a covenant marriage, you will have the strength to work through anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment