Sunday, October 16, 2016

How To Argue

How you ever wonder what you could to do to help you and your significant other lesson the damage when you get into arguments? Have arguments become so bad that you are beginning to question your partner or relationship? You are not alone! There are so many couples out there that have many problems in their marriage and every time they try to work it out, it just becomes a fighting match. I may not know all the answers, but I will share you some things that I have learned that I feel will help! 

I love this quote! It is so true. A marriage that is built on a friendship, truly helps a marriage last. Why is this? When things get tough, when arguments arise, what do you have to fall back on? Do you have that friendship? That friendship helps minimize negativity that can come from arguments. For me personally, whenever things started to get heated when I am talking with my boyfriend, he will grab my face and push my checks together. I always end up laughing and it breaks that tension that was beginning to rise. That may sound annoying to some people, but because we have that playfully friendship, we both find it funny. I feel like every couple needs this in their relationship. It's that mutual understanding of wanting to bring things back down to a calmer level, without verbally saying anything. 
Respecting and honoring each other is so important to having a healthy relationship. If we are doing both of those things, then even when arguments and problems do come up, both people in the relationship will be able to work through. When we change our base perspective from being 'I defend my version of happiness' to 'what would make us both happy?", it really allows you to put your partners needs in front of your own and helps you become a more selfless partner. These times of relationships are the ones that truly last.

No comments:

Post a Comment